Family and Pet Friendly with garden, paddock and direct forest access
Located on a quiet dead end gravel track, Melville offers fantastic direct access onto the New Forest National Park. Ideal for walkers, cyclists, riders, dog owners and families.
First Floor: Double bedroom with cot room, twin bedroom and bathroom.
Ground Floor: Living room with log fire and freesat digital tv, x-box, dvd and video player, dining room and well stocked kitchen.
Own private garden with direct access onto the New Forest, eating area with table and chairs and BBQ. Can also be split into a paddock for riders wishing to bring own horses. Dogs welcome.
Lots of books, toys, dvds and videos available plus high chair and cot - babysitting available on request.
Can also be hired in conjunction with our other property a mile away which sleeps 6 (ref 235743) making it ideal for larger groups.
Cafe and Hockeys farm shop are a short drive or walk away, plus local riding stables, water activities lakes, nature reserve, historic houses, tearooms and lots of country pubs all within a few miles.
As well as the walking, cycling and riding opportunities on your doorstep, the area also provides easy access to the cathedral cities of Salisbury and Winchester and the sandy beaches at Bournemouth and Mudeford (including the new surf beach at Boscombe). The smaller towns of Ringwood and Fordingbridge are only 4 miles away - for shopping, swimming and restaurants.
Ideas for Days Out:
* take the ferry from Lymington to the Isle of Wight
* rainy day trip to Tower Park near Poole with water park, cinemas and bowling
* beach day at Mudeford - crabbing on the quay followed by ferry ride and dune jumping
* Salisbury and Stonehenge
* trip to Brownsea Island - home of the red squirrel and the inspiration for Enid Blyton's Treasure Island
* theme park/attractions - Paultons Park, Adventure Wonderland, Longleat, Marwell, Bealieu Motor Museum and West Moors Country Park
* join a bat walk, fungi forage, deer watch or story session organised by the New Forest National Park Authority
This property has been listed with Stilwell’s Cottages Direct for 2 years
Melville Property Features
Housekeeping & Services
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Towels Included
- Pets Allowed
- High Chair
- Bed Linen for Hire
- No Smoking
Open Fire/Wood Burner
- 1 Double Bedroom
- 1 Twin Bedroom
- Washing Machine
- TV - Satellite or Cable
- DVD Player
- Patio Furniture
- Tennis Racquets
- Private garden
- Terrace / patio
Activities within 20min drive of the property
- Wind Surfing
- Outlet Shopping
- Mountain Biking
- Horse Riding
- Pub/Bar within 1 mile
Local Water Sports
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Swimming (indoor pool)